Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Typography Poster Design

For this project we had to make a poster based on type, with the main header words being “Design, Culture, Now.” I decided to use the meaning or each of these words in order to create a solution. I asked the basic question of “What is culture?” and came up with many things, including symbols, fashion, architecture, art, language and companies and I decided to create typography out of these elements. Art as a part of culture, language as a part of culture, etc.
The “now” I decided to make really large and bold at the bottom of the page, as a call to action and an anchor to the design.
The “design” i decided to use a simple, well designed typeface of Helvetica. In the white one i gave it a drop shadow to make it stand out from the page and look nicer.
For the rest of the type I aligned it based around the optical centre of the upper 2/3rds of the page, aligning it to the centre and aligning the columns evenly in height to look well together.
I decided to put all the headers in the bottom area of the page to give a lot of white space and also so that the whole header title stayed together and so i could anchor the design as a whole with the word now.
I created 2 final designs for this project, both essentially the same design, but with inverted colour. I personally prefer the black one as i think if you saw that one on a wall it would stick out to you more than the white one with its bigger prescence.



No comments:

Post a Comment